Here one more question which asked by users frequently on forums and newsgroups. “How to give calendar read permission to all users on a server?”
Note: This method applies on Exchange 2003 as well as on Exchange 2007.
- Open PFDavAdmin.
- Click File -> Connect.
- Give Exchange Server name on which you want to set Calendar Read Permission for All Mailboxes & Global Catalog Server name.
- Select All Mailboxes and Click OK.
- You can see list of all mailboxes which are available on specified Exchange server.
- You may verify existing calendar permission before our operation by expanding any of the mailbox -> Top of Information Store -> Calendar -> Right Click & Select Folder Permission.
Now, lets set the calendar permission for all mailboxes.
- Select the Mailboxes on top of all listed Mailboxes in Left pane.
- Click Tools Menu -> Select Set Calendar Permissions.
- Click OK when you get information dialog box “In the following folder permissions dialog, please configure the permissions you would like to set on the Calendar folders.”
- New Permissions window opens, click Add.
- New window opens to Choose user, click on Browse.
- Select Everyone and click OK.
Note: When you open calendar permission in outlook, you can see Default None permission where default is Everyone.
Edit (05/30/08): In Exchange/outlook – 2007 if permission is set to Free/Busy Time and you change it to reviewer which is full free/busy detail then later if you want to revert back to Free/Busy Time then that option is not available in PFDavAdmin & need to set it at individual mailbox so make sure before doing change.
- Select the Permissions Reviewer, click OK.
- You get an information dialog box, “You will now be represented with a permissions dialog you can use to select the entities that will be removed. The role for each entity has no effect. Any selected entities will be removed from Calendar permissions regardless of their roles.”
- Click OK in below information dialog box.
- As it has given information in previous information dialog box, you can add users if you want to remove permission from all mailboxes. (I would suggest, not to select any users until you are sure about that and you need to remove a user from all of mailboxes.)
- Click OK.
Note: As PFDavAdmin can be used to add as well as to remove calendar permission, you get this window to remove permission. Don’t misunderstood this window, if you give here Everyone Reviewer permission again to remove then you get below error.
- When you click OK in previous window, it starts giving permission to calendar of all mailbox.
- Once it is finished you can see 100 in Percentage Completed then Close window.
- You may verify in some of the mailbox that Everyone Reviewer permission set correctly on Calendar.
That’s all, now all users have permission to read calendar on any of the mailbox on this server.
Hope this helps you….!!!
Put your comments / reply if you like or if you have any query….