Export-Mailbox Crashes on Windows Vista 32bit
Last month I faced a problem while using Export-Mailbox cmdlet on Windows Vista 32bit machine. Powershell crashes when I execute this cmdlet. Identical issue was also reported on TechNet forum.
Since there isn’t any information available around I though let’s get it documented if it assists to other who is facing alike problem.
1. Verify that account has below permissions required for exporting mailbox.
- Exchange Server Administrators role and local Administrators group for the source server and the target server
- Full access to the source and target mailboxes
Reference: How to Export Mailbox Data
2. Verify “Exchange Migration” registry on Windows Vista.
a. Make sure that above registry key exist on Windows Vista machine. If it doesn’t present then create it.
b. If it presents then give Full Control permission explicitly on the registry key to the account which you use to execute Export-Mailbox cmdlet.
3. You may also try to disable UAC on Windows Vista but it opens security loops so I wouldn’t recommend it.
Reference: User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide
Hope this helps…!!