An updated Exchange 2010 standalone help file is available. This file is essentially an offline copy of Exchange Server 2010 TechCenter that you can store in your computer for offline use. This helps you plan, deploy and manage your Exchange 2010 organization. Microsoft Download Center Link is here and direct downloadabe exe file link is available below.
File Name: Exch2010Help.exe
Version: June 2010
Date Published: 6/2/2010
Download Size: 14.9 MB – 14.9 MB*
I just came across a handy tool to calculate Return Of Investment (ROI) on Exchange deployment. Tool is developed by U-B Tech and available at free of cost to use.
Use U-BTech’s Exchange 2010 ROI tool to compare the costs of implementing Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 and try different cost variations including storage costs, hardware costs, licensing costs and more by just providing basic inputs.
Download: U-BTech’s Exchange 2010 ROI Tool
Here are screenshots:
You will get nice calculated comparative report in html file.
You can even customized the licensing and hardware cost.
“Exchange 2010 Update Rollup 1 has released yesterday and it can be downloaded from here. UR1 is one of the component to support Blackberry service on Exchange 2010 and a prerequisites for it. Thus you may have to install it soon so what should you know before planning to install it on your Exchange 2010 servers?”
Just published it on User Group site, Read More at MUC-UG.org.in…
It is our great pleasure to announce the formation of Microsoft Unified Communications – User Group, India. “Microsoft Unified Communication User Group – India” is an independent group is focused on encouraging communication between IT Professionals motivated by self-interest in Microsoft Unified Communication products like…
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office Communication Server (OCS)
- SharePoint Server (MOSS & WSS)
We understand the value of networking & knowledge transfer and would like to take opportunity to assist and inspire all Unified Communication IT Professionals through this platform. This User Group is designed as an Information Resource where Unified Communication Professionals can find:
- Technical Videos,
- Unified Communication Industry News,
- Forums (to discuss technical things),
- New Product features and
- Product understanding.
Though this User Group is based out of India, there will be no regional boundaries as “Microsoft Unified Communication User Group – India” will host Virtual Monthly Meetings regularly and occasional In-person Events to increase the awareness of Microsoft Unified Communication products. We will also host guest speakers comprising of Experts in the Unified Communications space.
We welcome your contributions and memberships along with your valuable feedback for the site.
Visit Us @ http://muc-ug.org.in
Register @ http://muc-ug.org.in/index.php/join-us.html
Invite Friends to Grow Community @ http://www.muc-ug.org.in/index.php/invite-friends.html
Subscribe to MUC-UG, India RSS Feeds:
Full RSS Feed
Segregated RSS Feeds
Articles & How-Tos
Follow MUC-UG, India on Social Networking Sites:
Download from here: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Brief Description from Microsoft:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 helps you achieve new levels of reliability and performance by delivering features that help to simplify your administration, protect your communications, and delight your customers by meeting their demands for greater business mobility.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications.
- Flexible and reliable – Exchange Server 2010 gives you the flexibility to tailor your deployment based on your company’s unique needs and a simplified way to keep e-mail continuously available for your users.
- Anywhere access – Exchange Server 2010 helps your users get more done by giving them the freedom to securely access all their communications – e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, and more – from virtually any platform, Web browser, or device.
- Protection and compliance – Exchange Server 2010 delivers integrated information loss prevention, and compliance tools aimed at helping you simplify the process of protecting your company’s communications and meeting regulatory requirements.
This software is intended for evaluation purposes only. You must accept the license terms before you are authorized to use the software. There is no product support for this trial software. You are welcome to participate in the forums to share your trial experiences with others and to ask for advice.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista
- Operating System for Installing Management Tools: The 64-bit editions of Windows Vista® SP2 or later, or Windows Server® 2008 SP2.
- PC: x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform.
Additional requirements to run Exchange Server 2010
- Memory – Minimum of 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM per server plus 5 megabytes (MB) of RAM recommended for each mailbox
- Disk space
- At least 1.2 GB on the drive used for installation
- An additional 500 MB of available disk space for each Unified Messaging (UM) language pack that you plan to install
- 200 MB of available disk space on the system drive
- Drive – DVD-ROM drive, local or network accessible
- File format – Disk partitions formatted as NTFS filing systems
- Monitor – Screen resolution 800 x 600 pixels or higher
Exchange Server 2010 Prerequisites
If these required prerequisites are not already installed, the Exchange Server 2010 setup process will prompt and provide links to the installation locations; Internet access will be required if the prerequisites are not already installed or available on a local network.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Windows PowerShell v2.0
Actual requirements will vary based on system configuration and specific features installed. For more detailed system requirements, please refer to the Exchange Server 2010Technical Documentation Library. For a list of Windows Server 2008 requirements, visit http://technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2008.